Brislec Services is committed to doing our part for the environment, we follow all Australian Standards on removal of waste and encourage our customers to do the same.
By just following some of these simple ideas you can not only do your part for the environment but also save $$$, and even make money if installing solar!
We're happy to be a part of this push for a greener future and can offer any further advice you require.
- When purchasing appliances including Dishwashers, Washing machines, Fridges,
microwaves you should always be considering that they have two price tags: what you pay to
take it home and what you pay for the energy and water it uses, always choose the appliance
with the best consumption rating shown on the tag as this will in time far out way the initial
- Lighting stands for approx 30% of your electricity bill, the easiest way to start saving energy is
to change the light bulbs in your current fixtures. If you are remodeling, building a new home,
or just updating the look of a room consider replacing your bulbs with a fluorescent or L.E.D
equivalent, these come in all different shapes and sizes to suit the application, and remember
to turn the lights of as you leave the room!
- Ceiling fans can be a great alternative to an air conditioner but remember to change the
settings on you fan between summer and winter, also fans cool people not rooms so switch
it off once you leave a room, additional energy and dollar savings could be realized with this
- Jump on board with the government grants while you can, find your electricity provider in our
useful links section and find out what you may be able to save by installing solar.
- Insulation in your ceiling can make a dramatic difference of up to 45-50% to the cooling and
heating that your air-conditioner is providing.
- Solar panels on your roof are your way of providing not only your house but supplying the grid
with power and even getting money back for your efforts.
- Clean your Air Conditioner filter every month, especially during heavy use months (winter and
summer). If the filter looks dirty after a month, change it. A dirty filter will slow down air flow
and make the system work harder to keep you warm or cool therefore wasting energy.
- Switch your hot water to a new off-peak tariff (Speak to your Electricity provider for options).
- Unplug any unused appliances that are in standby mode unless you are using them
Remember its not just about saving money but saving the Environment by reducing you Carbon
Footprint. We can assist with any of the above items so please feel free to call or send an email
with any questions you may have.